A part of my childhood died today. LucasArts was a game company of pure creative ingenuity, most notably in the 90s-early 2000 with their point and click adventure titles, which I can say with absolute certainty have made me the person I am today. I'l never forget the day I first took control of Guybrush Threepwood in the Monkey Island series, all the memories of laughing at the various gags and injokes spread through the games; the joy I felt when after 9 years of nothing, LucasArts revived the legendary pirate series. Now comes the end of an era, and who knows what little hope lies out there for the future of these games. Will we ever see the mighty pirate again? Will Ben Throttle ever ride his bike with the Polecats gang? Will Manny continue to reap the dead, what will become of Doctor Fred and his Mansion? Will we ever see Sam and Max's adventures in the Mariachi's time travelling lift? Only time will tell, but I have a feeling it will be a long wait. R.I.P. LucasArts, and to Telltale Games, don't forget your fans and while The Walking Dead was great and everything, you're famous for more than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment